International Day of Electrician 2021
The International Day of Electrician (MDE/IDE) has been celebrated on 10th June since 1986. It was established on the initiative of Polish and French electricians to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the death of distinguished scientist André Marie Ampère. This day is a celebration of all engineers, technicians and other professionals involved in the broad field of electrical engineering, as well as friends and allies of the Association of Polish Electrical Engineers (SEP).
This year marks round anniversaries of important events not only for the community of electricians, but also for the country and the entire world. And it is to them that the first part of the conference will be dedicated – 140 years ago, from 15 September to 15 November 1881, the first International Exhibition of Electricity was held in Paris; it was dedicated exclusively to the new field – electricity. During the exhibition the first International Congress on Electrical Engineering was convened from 15 September to 5 October 1881.
The second important event took place 130 years ago – on 25 August 1891, electricity was officially transmitted over a distance of 175 km from Lauffen to Frankfurt am Main using a three-phase alternating current system. These events laid the fundamental work for widespread electrification and modern propulsion technology – i.e. for the building of a new technical civilization. 20 years ago the Szczecin Branch of the Association of Polish Electrical Engineers (SEP) organized conferences and other events to celebrate the 110th anniversary of power transmission.
The third important event this year is the 100th anniversary of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering at the Warsaw University of Technology.
In the second part of the event, important current topics will be covered – information will be presented regarding the activities of Polish and foreign electrical engineers in the fight against COVID.
Framework programme for the International Day of Electrician MDE/IDE 2021
organized by the Executive Board of SEP
and the Szczecin Branch of SEP
10 June 2021, from 10:00 to 15:00 (Warsaw time)
(the event will be translated simultaneously)
Session A: Inauguration of the MDE/IDE 2021 (10:00 – 10:50)
Moderators: Marek Grzywacz, MSc, Eng, Sławomir Cieślik, PhD, DSc, Eng., prof. UTP.
- Outlining the tradition behind MDE/IDE and welcoming all guests and participants (10 min.)
- Speeches by Polish and foreign guests (25 min.)
- Announcement of the results of the Mieczysław Pożaryski competition for the best article published in SEP journals - prof. A. Wac-Włodarczyk, PhD, DSc, Eng. (5 min.)
- Announcement of the results of the XXIII edition of the Electric and Electronic Knowledge Olympiad EUROELEKTRA - S. Cieślik, PhD, DSc, Eng., prof. UTP (5 min.)
- Announcement of the granted awards – P. Szymczak, PhD, Eng. (5 min.)
Session B: 130th anniversary of the first three-phase transmission of electricity from Lauffen to Frankfurt am Main (11:00 – 11:50)
Moderators: prof. Marian Łukaniszyn, PhD, DSc, Eng., prof. Andrzej Demenko, PhD, DSc, Eng.
- “Michał Doliwo-Dobrowolski – his life and work and the birth of a new scientific and technological civilization” – Piotr Szymczak, PhD, Eng., Prof. Viktor Y. Biespalov, PhD, DSc, Eng. (Russia), Dimitry A. Borodin, PhD, DSc, Eng.(Ukraine) (30 min.)
- Speeches by representatives of: Germany, Ukraine, Switzerland and Latvia
Presentation of the film of the event partner: PSE S.A.
Session C: 100th anniversary of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering at the Warsaw University of Technology (12:00 – 12:15)
- 100th anniversary of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering at the Warsaw University of Technology – Prof. Lech Grzesiak, PhD, Eng. – Dean; Associate Prof. Wojciech Urbański, PhD, Eng. – Associate Dean
Presentation of the film of the event partner: PSE S.A
Session D: gala concert (12:15 – 12:50)
- Introduction – Prof. Andrzej Jakubiak, PhD, DSc, Eng.
- A concert by The Engineers Band Entertainment Orchestra of the Warsaw University of Technology under the baton of Dariusz Łapiński, dedicated to electricians and their friends on their feast day (30 min.)
Presentation of the film of the event partner: ZPAS S.A
Session E: Electricians in the fight against COVID, activities of Polish electricians (13:00 – 13:45)
Moderators: prof. dr hab. n. med., mgr inż. Aleksander Sieroń, dr h.c. multi; Mieczysław Ronkowski, PhD, DSc, prof. Gdansk University of Technology
- “Electricity in medicine”– prof. dr hab. n. med., mgr inż. Aleksander Sieroń, dr h.c. multi; prof. dr hab. n. med. Karolina Sieroń (15 min.)
- “Electroceutical methods in COVID-19 diagnostics”– Prof. Andrzej Krawczyk, PhD, DSc, Eng.; Ewa Korzeniewska, PhD, DSc, Eng., Prof. of the Lodz University of Technology (15 min.)
- “Benefits and risks of using UVC radiation for disinfection” – Agnieszka Wolska, PhD, DSc, Eng., Prof. of the Central Institute for Labour Protection – National Research Institute (CIOP-PIB) (15 min.)
Session F: Electricians in the fight against COVID, activities of foreign electricians (14:00 – 14:45)
- “UVC as a Mean to Annihilate COVID19” – Uri Doman, PhD, Electrical Eng., Chairman of the Israeli Committee of Illuminating Engineering (CIE), SEEEI, Israel (15 min.)
- “LED based UVGI – using UV-C LED technology for surface and air disinfections” – Harald Schöbel, PhD, MCI Entrepreneurial School, Austria (15 min.)
- “Germicidal Ultraviolet Irradiation – UVGI: Uses in COVID-19” – Eng. Kamal Sethia, Chairman of the Indian Society of Lighting Engineers, India (15 min.)
Session G: Closing of the MDE/IDE 2021 (14:45 – 15:00)
Moderators: Piotr Szymczak, PhD, Eng., Lech Żak, MSc, Eng.
- Appeal of the Association SEP to its members and the electricians community in Poland to join the fight against coronavirus - Lech Żak, MSc., Eng. (3 min)
- Prof. Adam Dąbrowski, PhD, DSc, Eng - chairman of the Polish Section of IEEE (3 min)
- Thanks to speakers and participants - Piotr Szymczak, PhD, Eng. (3 min)
More details and the registration form are on the following website: https://mde2021.sep.com.pl/index-en.php